Samhain Waning Thanksgiving Moon
In no particular order, though there must be one, at some point, here a few notes I’ve taken from reading, living.
1. Death happens. To all of us. Whether we fear it or welcome it.
therefore, it’s best to befriend death, to live with it as a counselor on your left shoulder, keeping you honest, authentic, true.
2. Love beats everything else that comes before death.
therefore, it’s best to live a life loving as many and as much you can.
3. Certain things get in the way of love:
attachment to money, to particular things
a need for power
an unwillingness to be vulnerable
it’s best to clean up your act.
4. Passion is the next best thing after love.
passion requires clarity about self
clarity about self requires self-knowledge
self-knowledge undergirds both passion and love and allows an unblinking relationship with death
It’s best to get your butt to the Temple of Apollo,
Cross under the lintel with gnothi seauton written above it
And get to know who you are. No, who you really are.
6. When you know who you are, your passions become obvious.
7. With passion your life before death has value, vigor, oomph.
8. With passion love retains its edge, its ability to cut through any thing left and carve your true you out of it
9. This all may be hard, but it doesn’t have to be. You can do it.